Drysuit + Pool Water = Discoloration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a very safe bet that the chlorine level in your pool is nothing like that in the public pools where I've seen instructor's black suit turn light velvety gray, and red ones pink. Even there it took many exposures for the change to occur. You should be safe, just kidding about pink in one event! :popcorn: couldn't resist!:D

The OP was asking about the potential fading of his drysuit in pool water. Why all the chatter of changing colors at depth? With regard to lowering your chlorine level tempraily I assume you can bath in your pool without urinating. Perhaps DA Aquamaster cannot.

The OP was asking about the potential fading of his drysuit in pool water. Why all the chatter of changing colors at depth? With regard to lowering your chlorine level tempraily I assume you can bath in your pool without urinating. Perhaps DA Aquamaster cannot.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Why install a pee valve if you are not going to use it. :D

Seriously though - there is no need to drop the chlorine level in your pool, its a pita and will make no difference in a test drive of a suit. Even in a public pool it will take several dives with no rinsing to see a difference in the color.

Why install a pee valve if you are not going to use it. :D

Seriously though - there is no need to drop the chlorine level in your pool, its a pita and will make no difference in a test drive of a suit. Even in a public pool it will take several dives with no rinsing to see a difference in the color.

hahaha touche!

I think I'm just going to wait until friday when I can get out to the quarry. Wearing it in my pool is just going to make me want to dive now :shakehead:

Sounds like a good plan otherwise you will forever stare at that drysuit wondering if it faded. Luckily, I have the clearest salt water in the the lower 48 to play in only 1/2 mile away...

Sounds like a good plan otherwise you will forever stare at that drysuit wondering if it faded. Luckily, I have the clearest salt water in the the lower 48 to play in only 1/2 mile away...

haha Have we met before? You're lucky, I need an ocean in my backyard. Maybe in a few years...

Chlorine has a relatively high vaporization rate, so it will be completely gone from any open body of water, like your pool, wihthin 24 to 48 hours. That's why you need to keep adding it!

So just don't add any for two days, and you are good to go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom