Drysuit Pocket choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at the XS scuba or the Dive rite Velcro pockets to glue on to my drysuit. They are almost the same cost. Any recommendations either way?:confused:

i just got 2 pockets for my suit, a golem gear velcro, and a bare velcro.

They both are very nice, but the golem gear takes the prize...the velcro is stronger, and the corners are rounded so they do not peel away after you glue them. The Bare pockets have 2 sharp corners that I cannot keep glued for the life of me. Plus the golem gear pockets are the cheapest of the bunch.

Wife and i put pockets on our dry suits and wet suits. My favorites are the DSS pocket and the oxycheq pocket. The highland pockets are already showing signs of wear and tearing at the corners.

We put the D.U.I. Pockets on a lot of suits.

Standard Cordura Bellows Pocket w/D-Ring, Buy DUI at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

acc_cbp.jpg

I have been through a lot of pockets. Take my word for it, you don't want to buy a cheap pocket because then you'll always be trying to repair it. Or worst, trying to figure out how to get it off your drysuit so that you can put on a new one. I have tried DSS, Dive Rite, XS Scuba, etc., they have all fallen apart. You've got to repair them by hand, because once they're mounted on your drysuit there's no way you can get the pocket onto a sewing machine to fix them.

In my humble opinion, the pockets shown above by Wayne at Dive Seekers are among the worst of pockets.

Spend the money a get a really solid Halcyon pocket. They're definitely not perfect pockets, either. There is a loop of elastic band to which you can clip gear in the pockets, I have had to reinforce the elastic loop attachments with a few extra stitches, but that's it.

In my humble opinion, the pockets shown above by Wayne at Dive Seekers are among the worst of pockets.

Spend the money a get a really solid Halcyon pocket. They're definitely not perfect pockets, either. There is a loop of elastic band to which you can clip gear in the pockets, I have had to reinforce the elastic loop attachments with a few extra stitches, but that's it.

Agreed the Halcyon pockets are definitely nice as well and yes they are a popular item for us, but we have had no issues with the D.U.I. pockets either. To say that the D.U.I. pockets are the worst sounds like one bad experience because all Signature Series suits (Usually the Drysuit of choice by G.U.E. and Tec divers) come with these exact pockets. If they were so bad then the sales wouldn't be there. I personally have a SS D.U.I. drysuit and have had no pocket issues and I'm an active NE Diver/Instructor. Either route you go (Halcyon/D.U.I.), you'll be fine.

Bellowed pocket, Velcro closure, internal divider, utility loops 40.030.011 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

40.030.011-2T.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom