Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HM_legon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello SB,

I know the answer to this probably exist on some post on here, but I'm lazy enough to ask for fresh opinions.

I've recently acquired a Bare Tri Lam Tech HD from my LDS and promptly sent it off to have quick change seals, p-valve and appropriately sized neoprene socks installed.
I wear a 12ish, and the sock size read "3XL Bare soft Boots/socks" on the order form. I am planning on buying a pair of Allstar Chucks as my rock boot because this bill is hurting the old pocket book.

If I wear an 11~12 in Chucks every day, how much should I anticipate jumping in size for my aquatic Allstars?
Ideally I want to skip waiting and returning shoes, and avoid walking into the mall with a dry suit and thick wool socks.

also in some ones informed opinion do you think my large RK3 HD's would work for this whole set up?
I was hoping I wouldn't need a new pair of fins.

Thanks,
Legon

Well I sure am confused about your particular application of frugality, and your theories on energy savings
So what thickness are your socks going to be whilst I see if I can muster the strength to answer any further

Well I sure am confused about your particular application of frugality, and your theories on energy savings
So what thickness are your socks going to be whilst I see if I can muster the strength to answer any further
According to dive right in the socks are 4mm thick, Seen here in the Q/A section. This is the vendor I've got the suit at being refit.

Back
Top Bottom