Drysuit leaks a little, is it normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiefseetaucher

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi

I bought me my first drysuit and I used it today for the first time. BARE 2XCD TECH DRY
Everything went good, but after I came out of the water I noticed that my clothes underneath it were a little bit wet along the line of the zipper. Is that normal?
I wouldn't call it a major leak, it was just a little bit wet along the zipper line. I am just curious if that is normal or if it is a concern?

If it's really the zipper leaking, it's not normal. Could it possibly be condensate that is just collecting in the area of the zipper? If so, that is pretty normal.

What kind of undies are you using? Mine have a water resistant outer layer, which keeps the condensate from soaking me.

Nope, not normal. If it's a brand new suit you need to send it back and have it checked out. Most manufactuers don't warranty the zippers for long so don't ignore it. You spent a lot of money on the suit so it should be dry.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will send it back and get it checked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom