Question Drysuit leaking when surface swimming, any idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DPV is always the correct answer
I just love the thought of rapidly buzzing past all of the stuff to see, and then having the bulky thing quit and you get to decide if you have enough air to haul it back or do you abandon it and hope you can find it, they have their place but aren’t always ”the“ answer.

I just love the thought of rapidly buzzing past all of the stuff to see, and then having the bulky thing quit and you get to decide if you have enough air to haul it back or do you abandon it and hope you can find it, they have their place but aren’t always ”the“ answer.
Have you dove with one? I do often enough and use it to get past all surface swim pita and for seeing multiple points of interest in a dive. Blacktip Travel is relatively small and light. I've done drift dives with it where I use the dpv to get further into the channel and then just let the current take me. I get to see more with less air used. If it dies then you should have enough gas to swim it back (plan for the failure). It really is nice to buzz over the empty sand and hit 3-4 man-made reefs here. Even better to use it to avoid long shore walks from a parking lot and get in at the main entrance.

Have you dove with one? I do often enough and use it to get past all surface swim pita and for seeing multiple points of interest in a dive. Blacktip Travel is relatively small and light. I've done drift dives with it where I use the dpv to get further into the channel and then just let the current take me. I get to see more with less air used. If it dies then you should have enough gas to swim it back (plan for the failure). It really is nice to buzz over the empty sand and hit 3-4 man-made reefs here. Even better to use it to avoid long shore walks from a parking lot and get in at the main entrance.
Totally not worth the trouble here unless going to someplace specific, you’ll never know what you missin that sand, usually nothing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom