Drysuit issue - built-in boots too big!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This may be a stupid question - Has anybody ever removed the built in boots on a drysuit and replaced them with soft booties to be worn with rockboots or neoprene booties? The drysuit is crushed neoprene and new.

I bought the drysuit early this year, it is a size small (unisex) and it fits me perfect except the boots are enormous! It isn't just that they are long, but they are very fat on top of my feet and I can't cram them into my fins or even my husband's large fins. I have found a pair of fins that fit but they are XL and being that I am only 5'3" tall, I don't think they are a good idea (Plus I will look like an idiot having fins as long as I am tall). My husband says we should just sell it on ebay but I want to use it if there is any way possible! It is brand new, never been in the water, but we are getting new seals for it. What do you think? Is it worth it? (I only paid $300 for it as it was a closeout).

robint:D

Yes you can.

I got DUI to put turbo soles on my DC suit. Cost about $250

Superior Drysuit repair can also do it. (cost was cheaper than DUI, but I don't remember the exact amount.)

It is brand new, never been in the water, but we are getting new seals for it. What do you think? Is it worth it? (I only paid $300 for it as it was a closeout).

robint:D

What brand suit is it? Shouldn't be a problem.

Something to keep in mind... if you do put the soft boots on & use rock boots, You'll most likely still be using XL fins. I'm only 5'6" ( ladies shoe size 9) & have a custom DUI suit & have had a White's, Both suits came with rock boots & had/ have to wear XL fins with the suit. The rock boots are bulky enough that the XL fins are still a must (for me an advantage, as I dive double tanks & the size of the fins easily overcomes the drag of the tanks).

thanks everybody, I will look into it. The drysuit is a White's and they might be able to do it for me, but they want us to do it through our LDS, which is an issue. I may have to find some other way to have it done. I love the suit, just hate those HUGE boots!

I won't actually use rockboots, I hate them. I only have Women's size 6 feet and I prefer using my regular booties with a drysuit (I used to borrow one from a friend and hated the rockboots). That way I can use my daughter's Med fins.

robin:D

Robin, try some fin keepers before you invest in a huge amount of money to redo the boots.

I have boots on both of my drysuits, and I have to admit that I am going to try changing out the one for neoprene socks and some kind of overboot system. But the finkeepers really make a difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom