Drysuit Hollins biodry FX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive63

Reaction score
Hello everyone I wanted to know if you know the dry suit hollins biodry fx100
thanks

I received a new Hollis FX100 Great Lakes Wrecking Crew edition suit from Dive Right in Scuba this summer. What do you want to know about the suit? I also have a pair of the new Bat fins as part of this purchase.

I wanted to know opinions on how it is made and a comparison than other drysuits
thanks

I have to compare this suit to my Andy's DS2 front zip suit. The material on this suit is tough as nails. The material does hold a lot of water compared to the Andy's that seemed to be dry once I walked up to the dive trailer. The suit is a little tougher to don and doff as well. This could be due to the newness of the suit and the technique I was used to using before. Zipper is in kind of a weird spot. Maybe if it was just a touch longer. Again this could just be the technique I am using. I had Dive Right in Scuba add the Si Tech neck and wrist system so I could use the silicone seals. Gotta say the seals are freaking awesome. The neck system needs to be broken in as it will conform to your shoulders once it is shaped. I have a rather large head so it is tight getting it through. Part of the donning and doffing technique though. The permanent wrist system allows for replacable seals and allows for the dry gloves. The system twists together and is better then the Viking system I have on the Andy's. Just seems easier to doff the gloves. I am using the suit with the Fourth Element Artic Series undies, and glove liners. Nice set-up. Did about 30 minutes in the straits and didn't seem to get cold even with a leaky neck seal, my fault. The glove liners are the best I have ever used including the military wool liners and the yellow liners.

Speak with Mike at DRIS about getting the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew edition. I thought Hollis may have some interest in setting their suit up this way. Even though I ordered the suit with the seals not installed I didn't get the seals that should have come with the suit which I wanted to put on my Andy's before I tried to sell it. The Andy's was and still is a great suit. I just wanted a more stream lined fit. I got that with the Hollis. Still trying to work out a few items with DRIS. They didn't have the Hollis boots in stock so they sent me some Pinnacle boots which are nice boots but they aren't the Hollis boots so Mike is going to exchange them. I also didn't get a drysuit bag, which Hollis was out of stock on.

I also bought a pair of the Yellow tipped Bat Fins which I needed to adjust the spring straps on to the tighter holes. Not enough time on them to truly evaluate them. They were to floppy without the adjustment. Changed the location and it tightened things up. Waiting to get back in the water again.

Hollis seems to have a pretty nice product but seems to have some supply issues to work out. This is a great suit to be exploring wrecks in the great lakes. The material seems like it would hold upo to about anything inluding the zebra mussels of the great lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom