Drysuit help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jason7570

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,
I have a couple of questions (I'm new to drysuit diving). I have a Seasoft Ti 3000 SEASOFT Ti 3000? Drysuits - Suits . I'm wanting to go diving in some of my golf course ponds (they're only 4-7 feet deep) as I own a Golf ball recovery business. Do you think I would need a heavy undergarment for this type of suit? The reason why I'm asking is the seasoft undergarment that i have is super "bulky" and can't zip the back very well. So I was wondering if long underwear would suffice. Note it's in the mid-30's here in Illinois. Also, Does anyone know if there is some sort of tool that I could use to self don the zipper myself?

Thank You,

I'll try. Since it is a Compressed Neo. then I think that you could get away with some sweats and long johns. Layering would more than likely do best. I am really not too sure of the material but I would wash it off after every dive due to the vast amount of chemicals they use on the fairways and greens. As for the self doning back zipper....we have a boat dock cleat mounted sideways on a post. Don the suit and place the zipper lanyard on one side and just turn your body until it is fully zipped. If you don't have a post or tree you can use parts on you truck / car i.e. close the door on the lanyard and turn until zipped then open the door to free the lanyard. Maybe side mirrors if the lanyard will fit over it. Hope this helps.

I would assume the water in these shallow ponds is pretty much at atmospheric temperature, so in the mid to high 30's. I can tell you that I could not have dived our 45 degree Puget Sound water in my compressed neo suit with just long johns. But if you're talking about very short immersions, you might be able to get away with it. Compressed neo doesn't have much insulating value, although it has some.

ajtoady on this site dives with one
the draw back with not having help zipping is you don't see what might be in the zipper!
his zip is plastic and ive caught a lot of material in it zipping him up
he dives with very minimal undies and never complains about the cold!(i would't listen anyways)
have fun
yaeg

I would assume the water in these shallow ponds is pretty much at atmospheric temperature, so in the mid to high 30's. I can tell you that I could not have dived our 45 degree Puget Sound water in my compressed neo suit with just long johns. But if you're talking about very short immersions, you might be able to get away with it. Compressed neo doesn't have much insulating value, although it has some.

Judging by a picture I saw of what was suppose to be you; you don't have much in the way insulating value yourself, just sayin'. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom