Drysuit Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'll be moving to the Bremerton Area in July. Are there any shops that I should look at for a new dry suit in the area? Better yet, is there anyone I should avoid?

Welcome to Kitsap County! I moved to this area from Hawaii too. I was a little reluctant at first to get into the water, but once I did, I decided this was one of the top diving spots in the continental U.S.

You won't have a lot to choose from in the immediate Bremerton area. There is Sound Dive Center and Sound Dive Center. I bought a DUI drysuit (and a couple of steel 80's and many other things) from them over the years and have no regrets. It's a fairly big store because it serves the region as well as Navy and commercial divers (geoduck harvesters, etc.)

There is also a dive shop on Bainbridge Island. It's smaller, cozier, and I now do most of my business there because it's closer for me. But it's a bit of a drive from Bremerton. There used to be a shop south of Bremerton, in Gig Harbor I think. I've never been there and don't know if it's still there or not. There's also a small store in Port Townsend, but that's an hour or so from Bremerton.

Across the water in the Seattle area there are 2 divestore chains as well as lots of independent stores that come and go. They all have strong and weak points, but I can't think of any that I'd advise someone to totally avoid.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions about this area, feel free to ask. There's also a Pacific Northwest forum at:

http://www.northwestdiver.com

Tacoma Scuba in Tacoma (imagine that!) is a great new dive shop and they have drysuits...ask for Brian, Wally or Joshua

Looks like you are military. So this might be another option for you.

Ft. Lewis near Tacoma has a dive shop on the North Fort side.

They carry everything you will need to dive Puget Sound.
Prices use to be cheaper. They are running it more like a business now.
Prices still cheaper than any off post shop I have seen.

I sneak in every chance I get. Always a fun group in the shop.
Isreal, Al or Casey would be more than happy to help you get the suit you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom