drysuit...hang or fold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is my first drysuit and I'm trying to descide whether to hang the drysuit using a traditional style "drysuit hanger", one of the XS Scuba "feet first" hangers (the suit would hand down from the feet or just fold the suit and place in the carry bag.

The reason is that I'm having a hard time folding the suit. I may be putting too much extra caution into it because this is my first drysuit.

I would be diving the suit about every 2 weeks if that helps.

Also when folding the suit are there anything I should know such as zipper open/closed, etc.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Fold it, hang it, do what you want. You have indicated that if you hang it you will be using a special dry suit hanger with really big shoulders, that would be good. If you hang it upside down just try to make sure that the weight is evenly spread over as much material as possible, you don't want to tear a seam in the feet or legs. If you fold it try to change where the folds end up, this will help to prevent any creases working there way into the suit, possibly weakening the fabric.

With regard to the zipper, keep the dry zipper open all the way during storage. If your suit has an outer zipper covering the dry zipper close that one, this will prevent the dry zipper being pulled apart at the ends.

Talc on latex seals is generally assumed to extend their life, but use plain talc only. It is also a good idea to wax the dry zipper before storage.

Mark Vlahos

Do what your manufacturer recommends. My os suit came with storage instructions. Only hangs to dry out (maybe 24hrs) then gets folded and put into the bag that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom