Drysuit Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seraphimx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have bought a DUI drysuit about two years ago and it was my very first drysuit, and I took the Drysuit at the same time with the reseller. (Still is the same one I use)

I bought a TLS350 Custom Sized.

But I always found it bulky, at first I thought well it's a drysuit so it's bulky. but lately I've dived with more people wearing Drysuits and most of them gave me the same comment.

1- The drysuit sleeves are too long, they reach a bit further than my wrist, like 1/2" past my wrist, it's a pain to put on gloves, because the wrist part fold on it's self.

2- The torso is too large, the zipper does not remain close to my body, even if I get into the water to drain the air, it makes an arc in from of my body, it's not as annoying as the sleeves, but still annoying. I wear the DUI bunnysuit at all times.

3- My neoprene socks are too big for me. I wear size 9 shoes, my Rock-boots are size 10 and I have to fold the excess between the back of foot and the back of the boot.

These observation have been made to me by multiple persons who have a lot of dive experience. I didn't initiate the topic so I know they truly saw it like I did.

My questions are:

When you buy a custom fit DUI suit:
Is there a grace period for free alterations just after buying the suit?
Are alteration charged?
How much, approx, would it cost to make my custom suit fit me?
Can I get it for free?:D

That's pretty much it, thanks.

Hi Seraphimx,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. Can you please contact Jessica Harned at our office in San Diego? Her email is Jessica@DUI-Online.com or the telephone number is 800-325-8439 ext. 318.

Thank you,

Kathy

Just a quick follow-up on this:

I continued using the Drysuit till the end of the season.

Sent in the drysuit to DUI & since I'm never lucky my drysuit got lost.

DUI replaced my drysuit for a new one. Re-took the measurements and it now fits like a glove.
Meaning, I've gotten fatter and since the old was too large I think there was a problem with the original.

Thank you DUI, this suit is SWEET.
----------------------------------

Note:
-I took the toughduck & kevlar legs instead of the Signature Series KneePads
-I removed those annoying ZipSeals, they were bulky.

Back
Top Bottom