Drysuit fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stacey9292

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the fit of my neoprene drysuit. I bought it second hand and every measurement (except foot size) were great and should have gave some room for layers underneath however now I have it and have tried it on it feels to tight.

I can crouch in it and reach above my head with it on but it feels restricting. I have been told that sometimes neoprene drysuits can feel restricting dry on land however; in the water tends to be more comfortable is this the case?

I am very new to diving and have only done pool dives so far (training for open water).

Thank you
Stacey

It actually sounds right, dive it to be 100% sure.
Thank you. Prior to my first open water dive my instructor is going to do a few dry suit sessions in the pool with me to make sure it fits right and to prepare me a little more for my open water. I'm training with a BSAC club so unlike padi where it's a course over a week or so I go to a once a week lesson in the pool. In August I'll be going open water for some training I think.

Depending where you are in the UK, we have a lot of drysuit manufacturers, and they can al change boots or socks for you. Some dive shops too. Just get boots that are the right fit, and you can get decent socks under them without too much hassle. BSAC training should cover it off using your drysuit nicely, welcome to the fold!
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom