Drysuit Exhaust Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beesonj

Reaction score
I have a Brooks 7 mil neoprene drysuit. The exhaust valve is located on the wrist. I have owned the suit for about 3 years now and rarely have a completely dry dive. The leaking always occurs on the exhaust valve side. I have replaced the seal and the valve and it still leaks. It is a small leak and not enough to make the dive uncomfortable but I would like to use dry gloves at some point and can’t with the slow leak.

I guess my question is does anyone have a suit with a wrist mounted exhaust valve and stay completely dry or is the configuration just lend itself to leaking?

Jon

There's no reason a valve should leak no matter where you place it. One of my buddies has a valve that's on his glove, close to the wrist and his never leaks.

You don't say what brand valve you have, but a good valve will not leak. It's possible you let the suit squeeze too hard and the water can pass through a valve under those conditions, a double diaphram valve will solve that issue.

either that or maybe you're not getting a good seal on that wrist.

I guess thats all I needed to hear Matthew, good to hear that dry is a possibility. It's a Si-tech valve, which i believe has a good reputation. I'll get the seals checked out and fixed. Thanks.

You know, the thing about a drysuit is that it's dry in name only. Maybe in the dead of Winter when it's cold out, but during warmer months you'll sweat and the suit will get damp no matter what brand it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom