Drysuit Dryer - w/Pics (Any comments from DUI?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about just using a floor fan? Seems easier than making.
That would work if your suit is inside-out

.. that's how my Flex 50-50 ends up after I take it off because it fits kinda snug on my legs.
DUI .. any potential problems caused doing this ? (turning legs inside out as you remove it)

Seems to me like if there is a market for such a contraption then maybe someone in the industry should build one commercially and offer it for sale at a profit. The Hangair does not do as good of a job as I am sure RJP's contraption does. They make boot dryers but I have not really seen anything specifically for a drysuit.

Seems to me like if there is a market for such a contraption then maybe someone in the industry should build one commercially and offer it for sale at a profit. The Hangair does not do as good of a job as I am sure RJP's contraption does. They make boot dryers but I have not really seen anything specifically for a drysuit.

Academy sells these: Wader PEET Shoe Dryer

wader.png

Designed for waders, but extensions are available and I'm betting they could easily accommodate drysuits with them. I considered getting one, but I already have a home made version similar to RJP's.

RJP; can you post what size pipe you used. Looks like maybe 4" pipe for the base and 2" for the rest of the structure?

I like the design; simple and collapsible.

Btw; I don't see any purple primer - not sure it'd pass code inspection :D

Thanks,

Henrik

RJP; can you post what size pipe you used. Looks like maybe 4" pipe for the base and 2" for the rest of the structure?

I like the design; simple and collapsible.

Btw; I don't see any purple primer - not sure it'd pass code inspection :D

2.5" and 4" is what it is. Probably didn't need to be 4" on the bottom, nor did the front of the base need to be as long. I over-estimated how heavy a suit on it would be. (Though I've got a TLS-350, a soaking wet CF-200 or similar might be a different story.)

PS - if you saw how I wired the adapter into the fan you'd imagine I'd fail electrical inspection as well!

Seems to me like if there is a market for such a contraption then maybe someone in the industry should build one commercially and offer it for sale at a profit.

RJP'S DrySuit DRY-R®

PATENT PENDING

:eyebrow:

Could you take some measurements of the uprights and base?

RJP,

Can you post a picture with your suit on the unit for scaling purposes?

Thanks,

MG

Could you take some measurements of the uprights and base?

Ceiling is 7'5" for reference.

If your suit has a telescoping torso, be sure to take the full length of the suit into account, not just the "worn height" while the suit is donned.

I'm 6'2" and when hung on here the neck seal is just off the floor.

Also, don't make the unit too wide, as it could potentially stress the zipper.

Thanks for the tips. I hadn't considered the telescoping effect of my suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom