Drysuit dryer / Holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coflynn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey,

Here's a really simple drysuit dryer / holder I made for myself.

Made of out 1 1/2" ABS DWV pipe, total cost around $40 CDN.

None of the joints are glued (yet), but if you glue only the middle part it lets it break down easily for transport.

Easy as you can clean & dry it all on one thing, and move the whole thing as a unit.

If you wanted to get really fancy could blow air through the pipes... but I didn't bother! It dries completely overnight even in my chilly garage...

-Colin

Attachments

• drysuit_holder_1.jpg
    drysuit_holder_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 279
  • drysuit_holder_2.jpg
    drysuit_holder_2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 227
yap, excellent idea

I would not be surprised to see something like that on Leisure Pro in a few months selling for God knows what. Great Idea......

ok this is a dumb question but isnt a dry suit suppose to stay dry . couldnt a little glue work better . lol just asking. :D

ok this is a dumb question but isnt a dry suit suppose to stay dry . couldnt a little glue work better . lol just asking. :D

Not dumb, just a lack of familiarity. Happens to the best of us! :D

Perspiration moisture quickly builds up in a small, sealed environment.

Dave C

Last edited:
My thoughts are that the lack of glue was to enable you to take it apart for storage. If it didn't come apart it might be kinda bulky to store in the garage. Just my $.02

dude im a commercial diver and own several dry suits which are suppose to stay dry but a little sweat doesn't warrant all of that hassle .i have something that works better and dosent take up much space . dive goddess

dude im a commercial diver and own several dry suits which are suppose to stay dry but a little sweat doesn't warrant all of that hassle .i have something that works better and dosent take up much space . dive goddess

If it is hot outside and the water is cold you will get condensation in your drysuit... How much depends on the material of the suit. My fusion gets failry damp, but my trilam cordura suit does not get much...

I have the same sort of dryer for my suits. The fusion I can just flip insideout really easily so I just hang that over a closet rod for a couple of hours and then flip it right side out. The cordura suit gets hung up on the dryer because it it to heavy duty to flip inside out easily...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom