Drysuit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And is a fifty year old solution eschewed by most reputable training agencies. If it works for you, so be it.

My suggestion is ankle weights! I use 5 lbs on each leg! Suit is inflated only enough to prevent squeeze and all other buoyancy is from bc! This has worked for me for over 50 years!
Sounds like a poor solution. 50 years of it doesn't make it best practice.
Would be better to trim out your gear, perhaps heavier fins, etc.

Sounds like a poor solution. 50 years of it doesn't make it best practice.
Would be better to trim out your gear, perhaps heavier fins, etc.
When it comes to dry suit diving with round bottomed steel twinsets, I have a weight pouch where I place the 10 lbs as low as possible. I have to use heavy fins or I'm head heavy.

When it comes to dry suit diving with round bottomed steel twinsets, I have a weight pouch where I place the 10 lbs as low as possible. I have to use heavy fins or I'm head heavy.

Have you tried adjusting your backplate / harness to lower the tanks on your back? I've seen that work for a lot of people who were head heavy initially.

Have you tried adjusting your backplate / harness to lower the tanks on your back? I've seen that work for a lot of people who were head heavy initially.
Have but them makes harder to do valve drills. I've had rotator cuff injuries in both shoulders. While stretching has helped tremendously with reach, it doesn't go as far as I'd like

Back
Top Bottom