Drysuit d rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aftershock109

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey I have a drysuit but there is no d rings in the pocket is it possible to get glue on d rings and if so can somebody point me in the right direction
Thanks

Personally, I don't find DS D-rings very useful.

I clip off all my pocket contents to generous loops of bungee cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bungee loop. I have 2 in each pocket.

I'm with the others, bungee is much more convenient than a D ring. When I bought my suit it came with a D ring in the pockets and after a few dives trying to clip multiple things in my pockets I put in some bungee loops and havent looked back.

Thanks for the replies, I was looking for a d ring to attach some bungee too as the pockets have no holes to thread bungee through. Any suggestions ?

Do the pockets have any gromets in them? You could tie a few overhand knots in one end to keep it from pulling through. Sorry for the crude diagram but the x's are the knots the <== is the looped end and the () is a gromet.

<=====x()x=

One side has grommets at the bottom of the pocket not an ideal place and I understand your diagram thanks but not sure what to do with the other side ?

You can buy grommet kits at the hardware store and put a grommet in the pocket near the top, to put the bungie through. They're usually brass grommets, and they do ok in the water.

Back
Top Bottom