Drysuit class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am trying to find a drysuit class in southern ohio. I recently bought a drysuit but have not had any luck getting a dive shop to put together a class or even call me back. I am really anxious to try the suit but do not want to without the proper training. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me in finding a class. Thanks

Do you have a pool or shallow water area nearby ? There is nothing wrong with diving the suit without training as long as you do not go deep. If you have a pool 3-5 m that 's all you need. Googe dry suit diving techniques, do some reading and go test it. I has never taken the class and find out all the info from manuals and reading articles on the internet. And I did about 5-7 pool dives before going open water.

I have a pond that is about 4 meters deep. I thought about trying it out in it but I am worried about a feet first ascent. I've read how to correct it but would rather try it with someone else in the water with me. My reg is not the best breather when inverted. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious.

I am trying to find a drysuit class in southern ohio. I recently bought a drysuit but have not had any luck getting a dive shop to put together a class or even call me back. I am really anxious to try the suit but do not want to without the proper training. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me in finding a class. Thanks

Would Falling Rock Park in LaGrange, KY work for you? If so, contact me at matt.skaggs@gmail.com and we can try to get a class together for you.

Matt
New Horizons Diving
Lexington, KY

Thanks Matt. I just arranged a class with Aqua Immersion over the weekend. I have not heard a date from them yet. If for some reason it falls through I will definitely contact you you. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom