Drysuit: Choosing between SFTech and Otter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

Yea I'm in two minds about picking a top of the line suit as my first one. On one hand, it might be better to learn with a cheaper suit first in case I damage it. On the other, I've been told by a few people that bought cheap suits first because they didn't want to pay for the more expensive ones, ended up buying the expensive ones later because the cheaper ones leaked or had other issues.

AJ and beldridg, how you feel TNT compares to neoprene and trilam? Do you feel it truly offers the best of both?

So far it seems that everyone who has dived either of these only has positive things to say, which doesn't make deciding any easier. The only slight negative offered so far is that SFTech might be overkill for the tropics. I do travel with a lot of gear (rebreather, camera, research equipment, dive gear), so the Otter Travelight being only 4 kg is definitely a small plus, but I don't want to base my decision only a couple of kilos.

PS - Similar to AJ I can only compare it to trilam and agree that the TNT is more flexible than you would think.

- brett

Thank you both.

Yea I might be diving in the tropics, but I get cold easily, which isn't so fun at 100 metres where the temperature really drops and the dives can run as long as 3.5 - 4 hours.

Was surprised to see that the TNT Pro is actually the same weight as Otter's light models. Think I'm going to bite the bullet with the 12 week wait time and hefty price tag and go for the SF!

Talk to Franz, he will sort you out and will give you good advice.

Back
Top Bottom