Drysuit Brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Crazy14

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Being in NE Florida, it gets into the upper 50's in winter and thats way too cold for me. I still want to dive in the winter here because the spearing is the best and I see a lot of rare sharks. I work at a dive shop that carries Bare, Dive Rite, pinnacle, and some other smaller, lesser known brands. I'm new to the whole drysuit thing and will probably get a class in it. Question is: Of the brands above, which one is more reputable and reliable I guess. I'm tired of being cold! Thanks for the help.

Viking poseiden is great for Commercial divers and Search and recovery divers.

DUI and Andes are the 2 best I have seen for recreational divers.
Then you have to decide which flavor of dry suit you want.
Trilaminate, neoprene, Crushed Neporene.

I personally dive DUI trilaminates. both of my suits are front entry and the newest suit has the rock boot and the zip seal systems.

bare is great. I have Bare wetsuit and drysuit. No problems, very good quality, and the price is right.

Most important, figure out what characteristics you're looking for as RIDIVER501 said, find a few suits that have those features and then get the one that fits. You don't want to be diving a garbage bag.

I dive a BARE ATR HD, and I really like it. No leaks or anything in it.

BUT, like everyone else said, find something that works for your diving style, and most importantly fits well.

Reel Crazy14:
Being in NE Florida, it gets into the upper 50's in winter and thats way too cold for me. I still want to dive in the winter here because the spearing is the best and I see a lot of rare sharks. I work at a dive shop that carries Bare, Dive Rite, pinnacle, and some other smaller, lesser known brands. I'm new to the whole drysuit thing and will probably get a class in it. Question is: Of the brands above, which one is more reputable and reliable I guess. I'm tired of being cold! Thanks for the help.

Seems like the usual brands are being named.. I'm all for the Whites though. For the price and whatnot. They're great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom