Drysuit and computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aftershock109

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey
I dive a dry suit here in Ireland I dive a Northern Diver dive master suit it's compressed neoprene however when i put my computer on, on the surface everything is fine once I get into the water and start descending it starts to come loose I know the suit will compress but is there any suggestions on how to combat this as I am afraid of loosing it I even have a lanyard on it for extra security, I never see anyone else with this issue any help would be great
Thanks

Is there a DSS mount for your computer? Lacking one, can you replace the strap with some type of bungee arrangement?

Elastic shock cord that shortens as the suit compresses is the easiest answer. My local sporting goods stores has this inexpenively.

i'm all for bungee/shock cord for wrist mount
mine has a finger clasp watch mount w/accordian shock
i'd rather have bungee,but haven't fit it up yet
2nd comp is mounted w/pressure gauge on hp hose
have fun
yaeg

Hey I'm diving an oceanic vt3 so there is a dss mount will get it and hopefully it will sort the problem thanks folks really appreciate it. Thanks

Hey I'm diving an oceanic vt3 so there is a dss mount will get it and hopefully it will sort the problem thanks folks really appreciate it. Thanks

Yes, it will!

I use a DSS bungee mount for my VT3 and it works flawlessly for my drysuit and my thick and thin wetsuits, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did have a compass fall out of a Deep Sea Supply mount during a dive. If I was going put a computer in one a few dabs of RTV around the perimeter might be prudent.

Bungee cord as backup.

I did have a compass fall out of a Deep Sea Supply mount during a dive. If I was going put a computer in one a few dabs of RTV around the perimeter might be prudent.

curious - which model?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom