Drysuit alteration at home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of folding over and gluing the L and R lateral seams of my new trilaminate "fatsuit" to make it more streamlined. Any opinions? Suggestions? Thanks.

Here's my opinion- try it on your buddy's suit first... :D

So what's the problem? The suit's too large? Maybe you should try a tape mock up to make sure you could still move around in it and all that other stuff.

Or maybe just gluing a bungee across the two sides to gusset it so that it would pull itself in. Just put the bungee on the inside and no one will be the wiser. :D

Just some thoughts....

the bungee is a good idea my whites suit is a large its got one in it it have one that goes across the back it got 3 {I} holes with a bungee run through them one on each side and one in the middle of the back it helps hold it close and fits nice

do it easy:
Here's my opinion- try it on your buddy's suit first... :D

So what's the problem? The suit's too large? Maybe you should try a tape mock up to make sure you could still move around in it and all that other stuff.

Or maybe just gluing a bungee across the two sides to gusset it so that it would pull itself in. Just put the bungee on the inside and no one will be the wiser. :D

Just some thoughts....

The tape mock-up is a good idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom