Drying Rack Fan Plumbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tokillamurderer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I've been searching but can't seem to find this particular problem. Does anyone have any ideas about how to adapt the square outlet of the inflatable Christmas decoration fan linked below to PVC so I can plumb it into my PVC drying rack? Thanks!

Probably not the answer you're looking for - personally, I'd 3D print a fitting that slid over the square flange on the blower and tapered down to a cylinder with an ID the same OD as the pvc you're using in your rack. I'd make the fitting out of ABS, mix up some pvc cement and acetone 50/50 and slather it inside the fitting and the outside of a length of spaflex pvc tube to glue them together, and from there run the flexible pvc pipe into the bottom of the pvc drying rack.

Assuming that's not your thing, maybe use a square pvc flange on some flex pvc, mount it with nuts, bolts and some fender washers inside that rectangular grate?
1719103643922.png

Probably not the answer you're looking for - personally, I'd 3D print a fitting that slid over the square flange on the blower and tapered down to a cylinder with an ID the same OD as the pvc you're using in your rack. I'd make the fitting out of ABS, mix up some pvc cement and acetone 50/50 and slather it inside the fitting and the outside of a length of spaflex pvc tube to glue them together, and from there run the flexible pvc pipe into the bottom of the pvc drying rack.

Assuming that's not your thing, maybe use a square pvc flange on some flex pvc, mount it with nuts, bolts and some fender washers inside that rectangular grate?
View attachment 847371
Excellent answers, thanks for that!

Excellent answers, thanks for that!
Also with a heat gun you can easily soften any white PVC pipe and shape it while wearing gloves. It will even stretch a little bit. Measure and match the diameter of the square and a store bought pipe and then heat one end to fit over the square. You can reheat it a couple of times till the fit is as tight as you want.

Also with a heat gun you can easily soften any white PVC pipe and shape it while wearing gloves. It will even stretch a little bit. Measure and match the diameter of the square and a store bought pipe and then heat one end to fit over the square. You can reheat it a couple of times till the fit is as tight as you want.
Interesting thought. 4" pvc sch40 would have an inner circumference of around 12", matching the approx 3x3x3x3 square vent on that blower. 4" pipe is pretty beefy though, oven maybe instead of a heat gun? I'd avoid the cellular core pvc pipe, make sure it's solid pvc all the way through of you wanted to try forming it. Coaxing a circle into a square doesn't sound too challenging, maybe standing vertically on a cookie sheet in a 200-300 degree oven with a pair of c clamps at 90 degrees squeezing to a square? Once cooled, a dremel could help with the final fit?

Back
Top Bottom