Drying Neoprene Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi_alx

Reaction score
Hi

I have Bare XCD2 Tech Dry (2mm compressed neo) suit with soft neoprene booties. I have limited space in my apratment so I dry my suit by laying it over a 65cm exercise ball in the bathtub.

I find that upper torso and sleeves dry fairly quick but the lower torso and leg take much longer - so much so that I have to invert the leg.

Will this affect the longevity of my suit? Any other tips out there?

Thanks

Alx

The most effective way to dry a neoprene suit is to turn it inside out after each rinse right to the boots. Assuming you have attached boots, the boots will be the last spot to dry. If you have enough time between dives you can turn it right side out to let the outside dry. Of course if you have just a few few days before the next dive you will begin with a wet exterior but of course that does not matter except for a cooling effect with prolonged wind exposure.

If you have fans you can expedite the rate of drying of course. I usually pack up the suit weekly with a wet exterior and dry interior.

--Matt

I'm getting a drysuit in a few days as well. Is it recommended to hang them by the boots? Maybe have a fan blow air from the bottom up? Is there a previous post on designing drying rack for drysuits out there? Thanks.

I hang mine upside down and use boot dryers to get that baby dry in a hour or so.

Sprinter:
I'm getting a drysuit in a few days as well. Is it recommended to hang them by the boots? Maybe have a fan blow air from the bottom up? Is there a previous post on designing drying rack for drysuits out there? Thanks.

I have never been a fan of that personally. It puts the entire weight of the suit on the boots and nearby seams. Neoprene is pretty resilient but I prefer to turn my suit inside out right down to the integrated boots and lay it over a rack. I have a plastic tub beneath this rack to catch the water. I bought my rack from Wal-Mart for pretty short money and it works great. My bin fits right underneath it and I hang drysuit, BP, gloves, etc. and it can fit in a closet.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom