Drying integrated boots on drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a USIA drysuit with integrated boots. When I rinse the suit or even have a leak and it goes down into the boot part, what is the best way to dry these? It is a pain to pull them so they are reversed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I thought that it was impossible to fully "reverse" (turn inside-out) attached drysuit boots. If any water gets in 'em, you have 2 options: invert the suit and/or circulate some air into the boots.

Are you turning the entire boot inside-out? I'm speaking out of ignorance here since my drysuit has attached neoprene soft booties that I regular invert after a dive.

Last edited:
Mine are the hard booties..You have the neoprene socks and you put on a boot I assuming. On my dry suit they are attached.

OK. Thanks for the clarification. What threw me off was your statement about it being a "pain to pull them so they are reversed." I think what most people with attached boots do is simply hang the suit by the feet.

I have a High Tide 6.5mm neoprene drysuit with attached hard boots. When I need to dry the inside, I turn the legs inside-out about halfway up. In other words, I pull the insides of the legs up so that the boots are up to about the butt on the other side. This got harder to do when I installed pockets on the suit, but it's still not too hard. I have a PEET'S boot dryer with one set of extensions, which is just about the right length to get up inside the boots. I had to rig a special strap from the ceiling to hang the suit above the dryer, but this system works great. In fact, I need to go do that now, thanks for reminding me.

I've built a similar rig, but used a "brushless" DC motor so as to avoid high levels of ozone generated by some fans, especially AC versions. Available at Radio Shack and other electronics parts type stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom