Drying boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of newspaper stuffed in boots works the best out of the methods I have tried. :) Leave it overnight and my boots are bone dry - the more newspaper the better.

I used to hang mine over the ends of my barbells.I have since made a pvc rack that sits in the tub and holds everything drippy.I would post a picture but dont know how.Thats one reason I dont have my handsome portait posted.

I used to hang mine over the ends of my barbells.I have since made a pvc rack that sits in the tub and holds everything drippy.I would post a picture but dont know how.Thats one reason I dont have my handsome portait posted.

PM'd you with instructions.

Great ideas! We have the hangers and they are ok. I'm going to check out the different PVC racks, my husband is great at building things. We are lucky, we live in Florida and on most days, the sun is shining and our gear dries quickly. I finish with a day inside with the AC going. Fans are a good idea for winter when AC is off. Again, many thanks for all the great responses and for posting an excellent question!

I cut the tops and bottoms off of small plastic water bottles, and stuff them in the boots to keep them open. When I hang my BC up to dry, I stuff the boots in the armholes of the BC (toes up, with the opening facing down). Works for me.

Last edited:
A little shot of mouthwash with some water in the first boot, you empty it in the second boot and so on. Keeps them smelling good because even if you dry them they tend to acquire a funky smell after a while.

I stuff mine with washcloths and blow them with the hair dryer if they have to get dry in a hurry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom