Drying boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmacl

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good way to dry dive boots. With 4 divers in the house I'm looking for more effective ways to take care of gear. Trying to find places to prop 4 sets of boots semi upside down to dry is a hassle. Anyone have ideas for a dyi drying rack or some type of inexpensive set up?

We bought one of those smaller, tilt style, floor fans which can tilt the fan head completely horizontal. Folding back the boot tops and laying them on the fan dries the boots out real quick.

Get a boot/wader dryer from bass pro or cabala's, your boots will be bone dry in a couple of hours. They also make a glove adapter for it.

I just installed a clothes rod above my shower and use hangers to dry everything including the boots which allows them to hang upside down. From what I hear, the henderson insta dry boots are the way to go. Some have said to stuff old newspaper in them and they are completely dry in a few hours.

Four divers, that's great. Take 2 plastic resin chairs, knock em over, you have the 8 legs to hold boots until dry....I'm going to try this newspaper trick.

Stuffing with newspaper or towels for awhile helps. Or if you still have the useless plastic inserts from your fins, they're pretty good at propping booties open - good travel solution. If there's good airflow I don't find a real need to have them upside down, as long as the water that pools in the bottom at first gets dumped out a couple times.

in the future consider neoprene socks, they dry fast because you can turn them inside out. liquidfit sold (used to sell?) them for $15/pair. You can wear a drysuit-type boot on top if you need to walk on rocks, etc. I use chuck taylor hi-tops, but knocks off can be had for cheap - they dry fast too. of course, that's probably more involved than you were asking, but i decided to post for the benefit of anyone who needs a quick drying solution for boots. on the minus side, they can be slippery (on the inside) to walk in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom