Drying boots on a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Stephens

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know the best way to get the insides of dry suit boots dry? I've had my suit hanging up for a while now and the insides are still wet. I don't think it would be a good idea to store it away while the insides are still wet.
Can anyone help?
Nick..

A couple of ways, both cheap !!

1. Scrunched up newspaper stuffed in the boots

or
2. Get some cat litter, put into an old sock and tie the end, then put this in the boot, leaves it dry and sweet smelling, to reativate put the sock on in a wram place to drive out the moisture

How long do you need to put the paper in for? Do you put the suit in storage and come back in a few days and take the paper out then?

scrunched up newspaper works great - change daily, or even every few hours at first. Don't leave it in there permanently, it can go moldy.

While I love my TLS350, the fact that the turbo sole boots take so long to dry discourages me from rinsing the inside of the suit until I have been on several dive outings. Though it is not easy to do, you can turn the suit inside out.

I will rinse everything and hang until the outside is dry. Then, I turn the suit inside out. The boots will usually be dry within about 24 to 48 hours.

Stuffing them full with newspaper works for me. Failing that you could buy a dampire or something.

YOu didn't mention what type of suit you have. I presently have a DUI CF200. I just let it hang till outside dries then turn it inside out till it dries.
My prior suit a Trilam had rubber boots on end so they couldn't be turned inside out, but turn the suit inside out up to the boot and let them air out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom