Dry vs Tropical dry vs wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temps are cooler in the central islands and warmer at Darwin and Wolf. Right now, that means 71 surface and down to 62 degree thermoclines. At Darwin and Wolf, it's usually about 78 with the possibility of thermoclines. Could be different in September, so you might get a last minute update on the conditions. I would also take into consideration that at Darwin, you spend a lot of time stationary, not in movement, so you feel chillier than if you were swimming.

Water temps are cooler in the central islands and warmer at Darwin and Wolf. Right now, that means 71 surface and down to 62 degree thermoclines. At Darwin and Wolf, it's usually about 78 with the possibility of thermoclines. Could be different in September, so you might get a last minute update on the conditions. I would also take into consideration that at Darwin, you spend a lot of time stationary, not in movement, so you feel chillier than if you were swimming.

Thanks a lot. That was what I was looking for. I get the point about being stationary also. I'm pretty much sold on the full drysuit with layers of underwear at this point.

I was in the Galapagos in Oct and I work a neoprene dry suit with a lot of under garments
It was very cold in the Central Isles

Hi RJP

I read somewhere that you took a tropical dry to Truk
I'm going in Aug and am taking a tri-lam
would you please tell me what you wore under your tropical dry

Thanks OC

Back
Top Bottom