Dry suits - old dogs and new tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Bare Artic Combo, a 7mm full with a 7mm over-shorty w/hood, works Very well in cold water (I've had it down to 40deg in Lake Huron) and only set me back $279...

I suppose if I bought a Semi-dry, in-store as opposed to online, I could spend $700 or more... but being Frugal I've opted for something for less than half as much.

That's a nice, warm wet suit! Bargain hunters notwithstanding :cool2:

Congrats on your new skill (and warmth).

I own a half mil, a three mil shorty and (for pool work) a two/three mil with knee pads. If the water is colder than that, I use my dry suit. I don't waste my time struggling into and out of anything more difficult than the above thicknesses, and I don't want to have cold water sitting on me after a dive.

My dive shop recently got me a dry hood. I'm wondering why I didn't do THAT before too.

That's a nice, warm wet suit! Bargain hunters notwithstanding :cool2:

I was cold by the end of my 3rd dive that day... last dive was the shortest, 12-15 min.

I'm definately going to be getting a drysuit (used, probably craigslist or through a divebuddy connection, something in the ballpark of $500 I'm hopin'), as I believe it to be a must for repetitive coldwater diving.

Back
Top Bottom