Dry Suits for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that you can order the Rock Boots with almost every DUI suit. The downside of Rock Boots is that they are colder than regular boots because they allow less air for insulation.
BTW, DUI has something called Turbo-soles. These are compressed neopren socks that have the same sole as the Rock Boots glued onto them. This would give you the advantage of a solid sole and more warmth.
If you're looking into BARE, then these guys have good prices and an excellent feedback.
https://www.divetank.com/gear/listp...37&PHPSESSID=25c08ecc09324789f5e2be1a51f25915

aquaoren:
I think that you can order the Rock Boots with almost every DUI suit. The downside of Rock Boots is that they are colder than regular boots because they allow less air for insulation.

I solved this problem with thicker socks.

BTW, DUI has something called Turbo-soles. These are compressed neopren socks that have the same sole as the Rock Boots glued onto them. This would give you the advantage of a solid sole and more warmth.

Unfortunately, the air moves around in them like any other drysuit with attached booties, something that far outweighs the minimal thermal properties of the air.

SubMariner:
Unfortunately, the air moves around in them like any other drysuit with attached booties, something that far outweighs the minimal thermal properties of the air.
Shouldn't be a problem though if they are the right size, or?

aquaoren:
Shouldn't be a problem though if they are the right size, or?

Not really. There is no way they can fit as snugly as the CF200 sock with a Rock Boot over top. Afterall, the Rock Boot actually laces up over the attached sock. By their mere nature attached boots can't help but allow the air to move around more.

Actually, Alison is leaning towards NO rock boots now after having read the threads about people trying to find fins that work with the boots. She'll just learn how to deflate her clown feet!

scrubbo:
Actually, Alison is leaning towards NO rock boots now after having read the threads about people trying to find fins that work with the boots. She'll just learn how to deflate her clown feet!

I have no problem finding fins to fit with the boots. Urban myth in the making! :froggy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom