Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There have been some threads on this earlier. Diving with a drysuit is not difficult, but there are protocols that you must know about their use. The surest way to learn them is from a qualified instructor through a drysuit class.

You have to!!! If you want to use a dry suit, first you have to take the specialty. And if you are going to use it a lot, then you can buy one. Dry suit are very expensive, and you can find a lot of type in the market! Think about it for a while before to get a new dry suit!

TheDarknessLord once bubbled...
You have to!!! If you want to use a dry suit, first you have to take the specialty.

Hm.

Why?

You have to!!! If you want to use a dry suit, first you have to take the specialty. And if you are going to use it a lot, then you can buy one.

I have never heard you have to take the specialty before you buy....as a matter of fact, I know 5 individuals who bought a suit, ten learned together....hmmmm....

You have to!!! If you want to use a dry suit, first you have to take the specialty.
Can you say PADI brainwashing?
At our LDS (not PADI), if you buy a dry suit, they'll put you in the pool and make sure you understand proper operation, but no fee and no certification/card. They won't make you get in the pool, but it is strongly encouraged.

Can you say PADI bashing?

PADI is NOT the only agency that teaches a drysuit specialty.

Frankly, if you buy a drysuit and don't get some sort of professional instruction BEFORE you dive, then you are asking for trouble.

~SubMariner~

Groundhog246 once bubbled...

At our LDS (not PADI), if you buy a dry suit, they'll put you in the pool and make sure you understand proper operation, but no fee and no certification/card. They won't make you get in the pool, but it is strongly encouraged.

That's great if you do all you diving in a pool. I can understand why people feel that way, but you really should get proper training that includes diving in open water. Not that it's difficult diving in a dry suit, but a mistake could be hazardous to your health. I've heard some dive shops check to see if you have dry suit training prior to renting a suit.:)

Are there any agencies that teach you to leave buoyancy compensation to the buoyancy compensator when diving in a drysuit?

If not, what's the point of "training"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom