dry suit soaked water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before you start hunting for leaks, be sure your valves don't need to be tightened. Also, if diving a bit overweighted it is very easy to "burp" excess air out the neck seal, which also let's water in.

Now go look for leaks.

I'm going to ask the obvious, are you seals cut to the correct tightness

If you have access to a pool and very slowly submerge (feet, knees, chest, neck) you may be able to trace bubbles. If not, you should at least get an idea of location when you start to feel wet. Wearing thin undergarments with light colors will aid in seeing water spots.

As mentioned above, turning the suit inside can be helpful as well. I have found a leak this way in the past by shining a flashlight in relative darkness on the inside (outside) of the suit.

Do also check your seals carefully. I couldn't find a leak in another suit and the manufacturer tried to duplicate the leak for 3 weeks before finally finding a tiny pinhole in the neck seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom