Dry Suit Repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kid9630

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
I'm new to this site so bear with me. I am looking for sugestions for repairing a neck seal on my DUI 200 dry suit. I am putting a Latex neck seal on a neoprene suit so I am looking for the best typ of glue to use the will bond the two surfaces together. Any sugestions?
Tanx,
Ken

Pretty much any wet suit/dry suit cement. I usually use Aquaseal cement and then put a small line of sealant along the edge. This has worked fine for me.

D-aholic,
Tanx for your input. Kinda what I thought but I just wanted to make sure.
Love you picture, gotta be a cold water diver to really appreciate all it reveals.
Tanx again,
Ken

I have used Dap contact cement for the last 5 years with no problems reported yet. I have three DUI suits and have repaired them all with it. I use three coats. I have not needed to aquaseal the edges as of yet. Should you ever need to replace it again it sure makes the job faster if you dont need to deal with cured aquaseal. I'm not against using aquaseal by any means so if you want the extral protection or like the look to stay factory by all means feel free.
http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=35

I did my latex seal with aquaseal, and it was a pain. On hindsight, it would have been alot less headache with contact cement. The way how I take care of things, the cement would likely outlast the neck seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom