Dry suit inflation tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For my cave dives that average typically around 90 feet and 100 minutes, including deco, I would say every 3rd dive might be cutting it close. We typically do two dives per day and I top off each day to be safe. When doing recreational dives, I would probably get 5-6 dives with no problem.

Packhorse:

Dan,
I came across that last night after reading some of the earlier posts. I did a google search and it turns out the dive shop that I got my tech training, Viriginia Scuba, has it. Little did I know.

Since it isn't a hard mount system, do you feel that it rattles at all? That's always been my biggest concern. I've felt that the rocking of a pony or argon tank frequently throws off my postion in the water.

Dan Gibson:
Halcyon sells a system (not the poney tamer) for the 14 cft LP tanks Luxfer sells. It's a velcrow system and works well for those needing a larger argon supply. It;s made up of two straps.

http://gue.com/Projects/WKPP/Equipment/equip/tanks_with_argon.jpg

Packhorse:

This weekend, I did a 150 foot dive followed by an (aborted) 100 foot dive, followed by a 130 foot dive and used about 2000 psi out of a 6cf.

However, depending on your suit/undergarments you may need more or less gas to offset the squeeze.

On recreational dives (100 feet or shallower) 5 dives is easily doable if there is not too much "up/down"

That sounds similar to my experience.

limeyx:
This weekend, I did a 150 foot dive followed by an (aborted) 100 foot dive, followed by a 130 foot dive and used about 2000 psi out of a 6cf.

However, depending on your suit/undergarments you may need more or less gas to offset the squeeze.

On recreational dives (100 feet or shallower) 5 dives is easily doable if there is not too much "up/down"

The only rattle I get is after I fill a tank with argon (which should last for quite a few dives at 14 cft) I inevitably end up with the stupid dip tube coming loose. That isn't embarrassing.

The straps around the backgas are very secure since the backplate ends up pressing up against them. They won't come loose. The ones on the inflation bottle are best prewetted and of course there is a bungee loop to go over the top of the tank. I haven't had any problems to date, but I make sure it is snug before getting in the water. The biggest problem is the velcro will not last forever, so you might have to replace them every few years.

tamorgen:
Dan,
Since it isn't a hard mount system, do you feel that it rattles at all? That's always been my biggest concern. I've felt that the rocking of a pony or argon tank frequently throws off my postion in the water.

tamorgen:
...I did a google search and it turns out the dive shop that I got my tech training, Viriginia Scuba, has it. Little did I know...
You mean Columbia Scuba didn't have that? :D

The Dive Shop down in Fairfax may have it too.

Chris

cmalinowski:
You mean Columbia Scuba didn't have that? :D

The Dive Shop down in Fairfax may have it too.

Chris

No, VA Scuba is the only Halcyon dealer in the area that I'm aware of. Columbia Scuba is a great store, but it is limited when it comes to tech.

VA Scuba is the #10 Halcyon dealer in the U.S. Just thought id throw
that out there.

This is a 6.1 ft3 tank mounted on the left hand side of the backplate.

12b3bc31.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom