Dry Suit floods (Bare)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

askdjasd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a Bare drysuit
Have had floods.. it was the valve but it got fixed.
Sent it into bare, they said I would need a new zipper. but it's just the top that's flooding, below my waist is fine.

I have a feeling it might be the wet gloves I use that are somehow lifting the seals. I figure i should grab dry gloves (cuffs) and see how it is.

but my question is, if i needed a new zipper, wouldnt my entire body be wet?
They also said they found some holes in the leg and armpits. but then again, i wouldnt be wet in the legs.

What's the deal? I'm so confused... the shop has already agreed to pay for half of the zipper so it's coming back on tuesday. Hopefully good as new, I just hope that i dont get another flood.. if so.. SHIZZZNITS WILL HIT THE FAN!

Finding the source of leaks in a drysuit can be difficult. Small leaks are more likely than a total flood, even with a zipper.

So, did you pay a lot to a dive shop for a used suit that leaks?

Can you fill in some of the details?

Dave C

of course

the dry suit was the suit i was using during my course, took it into the pool, all my ocean dives for cert and no floods.
When i purchased it (it was the presidents dry suit of the dive company i go to) the seals were replaced and the valve.
first cert dive no problems, then it started happening around the 6th dive. The valve got replaced, still had the problems.
then the last dive with it, i was wet both left and right arms.

So they sent it in.

Hope that helps, cause if the suit is not fixed I'm not paying for the zipper.

I dunno man. I'd try to get my money back and walk away.

I've got a bare XCD Tech Dry and have had no problems with it at all. Of course, it's got only 20 dives or so on it - but still. Don't give up on Bare - but rental drysuit with leaks...I'd give up on that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom