Dry Suit exhaust open or closed with Razor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NoOctoForYou

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Razor sidemount BC. When I dive in a drysuit, the dump valve is on my left over my abdominal. I have been transitioning to using my dry suit for comfort and my BC for buoyancy. When I dump gas, I have to tilt my body so that both the dump valve to my dry suit and BC are facing "up." I am in the habit of fully opening my drysuit dump (from when I used to use the suit for buoyancy), and now gas is coming from both the suit and BC when I roll to my side. Should I just close the valve and press it manually to release gas?

Switch the Razor dump to the right side.

I put a butt dump in my Razor and haven't used the side dump since.

Switch the Razor dump to the right side.

I put a butt dump in my Razor and haven't used the side dump since.
I'd love to know more about the butt dump installation. The absence of a butt dump has driven me a bit crazy, especially when doing reel/line work.

I don't have it with me for a pic, but you can buy BC dump valves from Oxycheck?/OMS?. You just have to cut a hole and Aquaseal the gasket in place. Cut carefully. I put one in my counterlung a few weeks ago.

Hello

Given that you have a Razor, you could simply put the dump valve on the right side. Then you tilt left to dump the wing and right to dump the suit.

Best wishes Jens

I think it's important to know a few things here:

1. Are you diving heavy steels (heavier than LP85's) and/or regularly carrying stage bottles or heavy loads?
2. Where are you with your weighting - do you run a little heavy, or neutrally buoyant with just enough air in your suit to keep you comfy?

As for moving the inflator over to the right side, this also works well for drysuit diving if you're set up for right-cylinder donate, because, (if you are "splitting the hemispheres" with your hose routing) your right cylinder will be plugged into your BCD inflator, which can still be orally inflated if you have to donate the cylinder. Whereas, your drysuit inflator valve cannot be orally inflated...at least not without some pretty tight lips and incredible blowing capability ...but I'm sure someone out there has done it ;-) Haha! [don't try that at home, kids]

BTW, great choice of sidemount harness, and your SB name is awesome! Ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom