Dry suit dryer for the non DIYers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud,

I have the blowers but haven’t got around to building the stands yet. Your modifications have me wondering if there is an easy way to build multiple openings with valves in the dryer. Say you check the suit and only one foot is still damp in would be neat to be able to shut off the air to everywhere else.

Would you share your “list” with us?

Thanks,
Mike

MikeS once bubbled...
Arnaud,

I have the blowers but haven’t got around to building the stands yet. Your modifications have me wondering if there is an easy way to build multiple openings with valves in the dryer. Say you check the suit and only one foot is still damp in would be neat to be able to shut off the air to everywhere else.

Would you share your “list” with us?

Thanks,
Mike

I really don't think you need any valve. The blower is pretty powerful. Plus I drilled holes everywhere...

When I built the dryer, I had the same concern. That's why I used an adaptor inside the tees for the feet and the arms (goes from 1 1/2 to 1/2). You can see them on the picture. I figure it would somehow reduce the air flow.

If you really want to shut some parts off, I'm sure you can add valves. Another way would be to use some plugs for the tees you want to shut off and not drill any holes.

Disclaimer: I'm terrible with physics...

Might be interesting to use scuba air as the source for this. Dry scuba air will dry things in no time.

A car's AC also works very well for this sort of thing. I remember we were skiing once, and had all this wet stuff in the car, so while we ate pizza I put everything on the front seats and pointed the vents at it, turned the AC on full and locked the doors. When we came back, it was all dry.

It would be pretty easy to swap out that blower with a water pump that could be used for rinsing/washing the suit out...I have an Eheim 1048 pump that I use to watercool my computer that would provide some excellent water flow in a project like this...

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Pumps/Pump_eheim.asp

That link would be a source for the pumps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom