dry suit company O'Three

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil

Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings,

Curious if any of you are familiar with a dry suit manufacturing company call O'Three. They are out of England. I checked there Web sight and they seem to be very proud of thier product.
They advertise a 7/mm "resin inpregnated hyper compressed neopreme."

They run about $ 1100. for a custom fit (I'm 6' 8" / 260 lbs w/44"sleeves, and a size 16 shoe and can't fit well in an off the shelf suit) I get cold easy and have been using the dive shop's Andy's with woolies and Thinsulit underware.

I am new to the sport, and I leaned to dive in a dry suit. Being from the P N West, most of my dives will be in 50 +/- degree water. Does this sound like an overkill ? Are there other good companies that will custom make a suit that aren't so expensive?
Is this inpregnated hyper compressed a bunch of BS...?

Love to hear from some of you about your expirences with Dry suits
Phil

I have no experience with "O3" drysuits but I can tell you that
1100.00 is not a bad price for a custom suit.

Unsure what they mean by 7mm resin-impregnated-hyper-
compressed. If it's 7mm AFTER compression I can only imagine
the thickness prior to compression. "resin" impregnated
might be to strengthen the material.

Keep in mind that the Brits do quite a bit of cold water/low
vis diving so if the "O3" is well received by them it is likely a
good quality suit.

Me thinks, for my own edification, I might do some reading
about their suits.

Just received my custom cut Northern Diver CNX suit. The material they used is a "2.5 ml hyper-compressed resin injected neoprene". Sounds very similiar to the O3 material. Divernet has a review of the Northern Diver CNX 200, which is the older version of my suit. Got my ND from Bob3 for a great price. Material is extremely flexible, and seems quite durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom