Dry suit class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is a dry suit class in the works for August at Clear Springs. The date is not set yet. We have two students (I'm one) so the class will make. CSSP rents suits on site. Its a SDI course. Speak up if your interested.

5 good reasons to take class...

Expand your diving season to 12 months out of the year!

one word... Thermocline!

Better taught right than try to figure it for yourself.

Learning new skills is fun!

Expand the range of places you can travel to dive!

TwoBit

Hey TBT, will TexasMike be taking it with us?

TM and CavernQT are both in my Dive master class. As part of the requirements we have to Dive master a specialty course we are already carded in. Both of them already have their dry suit cards so part of the reason I am doing this is to help them out in DM course work. I am hoping they will do the same for me later on.

TwoBit

Why would you need a class?

If you have a friend of yours who is an instructor or who has been using a drysuit for a while, and is willing to show you for say a couple of beers, why would you really wish to spend extra money?

I don't mind spending $75 for formal training. Hes a friend and a busy fairly independant instructor. I'm asking him to take time to teach me a skill that could be used to make more money than what hes gonna make off me. Asking him to do it for free would be IMHO taking unfair advantage of our friendship. It would also defeat the purpose of helping my fellow DMC's finish course work.

TwoBit

I already have my dry suit cert. And I took it from the same instructor that you and TwoBit will be using. So I know you are going to have a great time. Lots to learn, but lots of fun as well.

I'll be helping with your class as a Dive Master candidate. So if you got any questions related to dry suits, you're welcome to fire them my way. And any I don't know, I'll make sure your instructor knows to address them.

Back
Top Bottom