Dry Suit Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
Canadian diver sounds like he has access to a great coustomization shop...I envy! But why pay more money to customize a custom suit...it just doesn'tmake sense to me...back to the LDS....

Simple, the suit wasn't new or custom. :wink:

The suit was one year old, and purchased from a friend of mine who has the same dimensions as me (including shoe size). I don't know how he ever endured those boots for that year. :06:

And yes, Sure-Fit does top notch work. I just saw him this evening infact, he's putting a different neck seal on my suit as I type this. Mine tore on the weekend. Thankfully, it tore while taking it off after my 2nd dive of the day. I was able to get it patched up for the rest of the weekend so that it wouldn't leak and able to continue diving.

Canadian_Diver:
Simple, the suit wasn't new or custom. :wink:

The suit was one year old, and purchased from a friend of mine who has the same dimensions as me (including shoe size). I don't know how he ever endured those boots for that year. :06:

And yes, Sure-Fit does top notch work. I just saw him this evening infact, he's putting a different neck seal on my suit as I type this. Mine tore on the weekend. Thankfully, it tore while taking it off after my 2nd dive of the day. I was able to get it patched up for the rest of the weekend so that it wouldn't leak and able to continue diving.

Hi CD...
The last part of my post (to not customize the suit forther) was directed at the original poster. If I read his post correctly, he has a custom suit, so further customization seems a waste to me....

jagfish:
Hi CD...
The last part of my post (to not customize the suit forther) was directed at the original poster. If I read his post correctly, he has a custom suit, so further customization seems a waste to me....

Agreed, especially if it's brand spankin' new. If I bought a new custom suit and the boots didn't fit, I'd be taking it back. :crafty:

I fixed my problem!!!!

I went to GI Joes and bought the thickest pair of socks that I could find. Had my Drysuit in the car and after I bought the socks I went to the car and tryed them on with the suit. Boy did I get some strange looks :yourkiddi

The boots now fit like a glove.

Flora

Flora...
Good to hear your solved your problem. What socks were you wearining in the first place (when the boots were too loose)? That might have been the problem, if you were wearing only regular socks. When you get measured for a suit, they will take your foot size and then add enough room for some pretty thick foot insulation, which is the norm.

DUI makes some nice 400 gm Thinsulate booties and 300 wt fleece ones as well.

Flora:
The boots now fit like a glove.

Glad to hear you were able to make things work. :crafty:

My buddy and I both use the afforementioned fin keepers. They work great. You might have to try a few different sizes before you find one that is tight enough to do the job, but not so tight as to cause discomfort. Some places only sell one size so you might have to do some searching to find multiple sizes. I found mine collecting dust in a dive shop (last pair, the kid working didn't even know what they were) and my buddy got his from Austrailia. He got several pair in different sizes from his dad who lives there.

Canadian_Diver:
I initially had this exact same problem with my Oceanic Aerdura drysuit. The boots were enormous despite the fact that they were supposed to fit my feet. My feet would keep slipping out and it was so annoying that I started using DUCT TAPE on my feet..... (please withhold any Red Green jokes please :wink: )

Aw c'mon..... just ONE? Pretty please? It's just sooooo obvious,,,,,!!! :wink:

SubMariner:
Aw c'mon..... just ONE? Pretty please? It's just sooooo obvious,,,,,!!! :wink:

Hey... if the women don't find me handsome.... atleast they'll find me handy!! :eyebrow: Keep your stick on the ice.....

Canadian_Diver:
Hey... if the women don't find me handsome.... atleast they'll find me handy!! :eyebrow: Keep your stick on the ice.....

Ahh....now doesn't that feel better? :moose:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom