Dry suit bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What kind if any would you guys recommend/suggest? I have a trilam suit but all it came with is that full zip bag that lays flat. Was looking at something like this..... XS Scuba BG230 Drysuit Duffel Scuba Gear Bag

Just really looking for ideas. Don't want to stuff it and my undergarments in my large bag with all my other wet stuff after a dive. Plus somewhere to store it in during the summer months.

In that bag, I'd be concerned about crushing my drysuit, which can be rough on the zipper.

Rolled up loosely, my trilam drysuit fits nicely in a big gym bag. I store it in the same bag.

I have another gym bag for my undergarments, but they get stored on hangers when at home.

My wet stuff goes into a big 33-gallon plastic bin.

If I'm going on a boat charter, to save some space, I'll use one real big zippered duffle for both the suit and undergarments. The bin still goes.... :shakehead:

For the sake of that expensive zipper, just avoid crushing the drysuit or rolling it too tight.... :)

Dave C

Last edited:
I use the Whites bag that came with my suit - I believe you can order it seperatly.

I can fit all my wet stuff in it and have a seperate bag for the dry things.

All my wet stuff usually includes:
- Drysuit
- Hood
- Dry gloves
- Drysuit boots
- Fins
- Mask
- Back-up mask
- SMB
- Couple of reels
- Can Light

I'm sure I can easily add more if I needed to. (ie, wet towels) and it's built quite well.

I also have a White's bag for my cave drysuit suit and I bought a DUI bag for an older Andy's drysuit I wear in winter months. The White's bag is a true workhorse and can be carried like luggage (handles on top or on side) or even be worn as a backpack.

The large trash bag is perfect to transport a wet drysuit between a boat and the car without taking up room if you want to be economical.

One of my suits came with a nice bag so I use that; the other one I keep in a medium duffle bag from Target that works great and cost something like $9.
I used to keep them hanging in the garage, but Steve Gamble said to keep them rolled up after I dry them on my rack and stored in the bedroom in the bag. Since drysuits are all he does, that's how I do it.

The bag I use is a fishing wader bag from LLBean and it holds suit and undies very nicely. They had a great sale on them a couple months ago. Any bag for chest waders should work.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom