dry suit and dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

retnug

Registered
Reaction score
I have a DUI CF300 which is much like the CF200. My dump valve started leaking a little and I have determined that it is between the suit and the seal.

What do they use to seal the valve to the suit and still have it be removable?

Thanks for suggestions.

Gunter

Sometimes the compression of the suit material is not enough to maintain a good seal.
Cut a piece of silicone gasket material 1 - 1.5 mm (0.04" to 0.06") thick.
Cut the hole in the middle of the gasket the same size as the outside diameter of the valve male thread. Cut the gasket outside diameter the same size as the largest size of the outer valve housing.
Place it on the outside of the suit under the valve housing, against the suit.
Theres should already be a nylon backing washer and thin gasket on the inside, keep them there. Tighten the assembly firmly by hand.

Should do the trick.
I've repaired several brands of drysuit with this method.

Mike D
:blfish:

I have assumed in the previous reply, that your exhaust valve is a threaded assembly.

Mike D

Take it into Underwater Sports in Seatle, (i think) they're the No1 DUI dealer in the country right now and tell them to get it fixed. Of course that's based on sales, not repairs, but they should have enough pull iwth DUI to square away a customerer-especially one with a CF suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom