Dry Suit Adventures -- 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay,
So I showed up at CSSP today. Had the park mostly to myself. There were only about 6 people there total.

I pulled my dry suit out of the closet this morning for the first time since March. I spent a few minutes inspecting it, waxing the zipper and stuff. Headed off to CSSP for my first dry suit dive of the season.

All in all, my two dives were uneventful. I saw a max depth of 49 ft. temp of 57 F. Visibility was an exceptional 15+ feet. In areas, it was better than 20+. That's starting to approach blue water quality !!!

Two things I did wrong in my dry suit today. Everyone take note. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

1) I left my dive light in the truck. Crap! Fortunately there was still decent ambient lighting at 49 feet -- if you can believe that! I was amazed.

2) I forgot exactly how cold 'cold water' can be. Also, dry does not equal warm. Oh yea. Remembered that little lesson today. I was woefully underdressed for the water temp. I think I have been warmer diving a 5 mil wet suit in the same temperature! Go figure.

Time for more undergarments!!! I had hoped to be out there today myself, but my Evo2 has not come in yet. What were you diving??

I have a Aqua Lung Legend regulator.
I dove my Zeagle Tech BCD today for the first time in two years.
and I got a BARE (something) HD Tech Dry Suit. Don't really know much about my dry suit other than it's a dry suit. It works.

I have undergarments. I am just an idiot and left them at home. I was thinking I could dive in my street clothes. Wrong!

I have undergarments. I am just an idiot and left them at home. I was thinking I could dive in my street clothes. Wrong!

Come now John....you have dove that ds many times....forgeting your undies...oh brother--:D:wink:

I didn't think the water was THAT COLD ! Jeez. Can't I get a break around here? I figured you would be impressed that I dove that back-inflate Zeagle :) I am attempting to turn my Zeagle into the cold water rig while I leave my Sea Quest set up as a warm water rig.

I didn't think the water was THAT COLD ! Jeez. Can't I get a break around here? I figured you would be impressed that I dove that back-inflate Zeagle :) I am attempting to turn my Zeagle into the cold water rig while I leave my Sea Quest set up as a warm water rig.

.........:wink: I am impressed that you are diving the Zeagle and that you are diving the ds.....just pulling your leg!!!! :mooner: I am not even diving this weekend-:( maybe next though....we need to hook up for some type of road trek.

You definitely don't want to forget your undergarments. Causes major shrinkage. :)

BTW, the water temp in Okoboji is running 41 degrees and Ice is forming on the lake. Won't be long now. Ice Ice Baby. :)

richerso .. I was thinkn' about you today....

I'll just leave it at that :rofl3:

Hey.... 'last time I saw you, you were looking a little thin........

We should do lunch or supper sometime during the holidays :wink:

Back
Top Bottom