Dry never feels like wet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I swallowed the bait, even though I was doubtful. Water temperature goes down and I can't help it, the older I get the more I hate cold water.

So I hear about this new dry suit from Whites, the Fussion. It is supposed to be different, to allow more freedom of movement, some people claimed that it was as comfy as a 3 mil wetsuit. My first reaction was: Yeah right, I'll have to see it to believe it.
Talked to my LDS about the suit and they gave me a price I couldn't refuse, so I decided to give it a try.

Today I gave it a try. Water temps in Panama City these days are anywhere from 63 to 58 depending on actual site and measuring device.

Puting the suit on was a lot more time comsuming than a regular trilam suit, but I figure that's ok because it will be worth it once I'm in the water. Finaly I get in the water and what do I get? The same exact feeling of a dry suit.

Whoever uses this suit and claims that it provides the same level of freedom as a 3mil either has a really bad 3 mil suit or just doesn't require much movement.

This Fussion is better than a vulcanized rubber (Gates Pro-Am or Viking) for mobility but comparing it with a Zeagle trilam or the Viking X-treme? no way. I've never used a DUI but can't imagine being more restrictive than the types already mentioned. A well fitted trilam is not any more restrictive than this new Fussion.
Another thing I'm not sure I care for is the location of the zipper. All the suits I've use have the zipper across the back, hooking a long handle to the zipper allowed me to zipper it on and off by myself. With the zipper from one shoulder to the other going down on the chest it feels like something is going to give when you start to close it, maybe I just need to get used to it.

This suit may make a difference if what matters is how you may look in a picture wearing it but, who cares about the looks of the suit when at the end of the dive most divers have boogers running down the nose.

To me a dry suit is a necessity while the water temps are ridiculously cold but let them hit mid 70's and that dry suit is going back to the locker right next to the others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom