Dry mouth...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived a Sherwood Oasis my entire diving life (first certified in 1986, DM in 2000; quit logging but close to 1,000 dives). Whether it works or is a placebo (I believe folks will come down on either side), I have never experienced dry mouth while on a dive.

If your issue is significant to where it is a distraction, the Oasis regulator may deserve investigation.

I second this. Since diving a Sherwood Oasis I have never had an instance of dry mouth. Its never even a thought.

The Oasis was gifted to me and it was after noticing the difference I looked it up and realised that was what it was marketed to do and went, "Oh, 'Oasis'... I get it."

I literally have to swallow saliva sometimes during a dive.

While using scuba you are breathing hyper dry air. Or at least you should be. It comes with the territory.

While using scuba you are breathing hyper dry air. Or at least you should be. It comes with the territory.

I don't understand the meaning of this post. Is it, "Just suck up the hyper dry air. That's what you're supposed to get."? If so, I wonder why you're not seeing the other posts as an alternative to just putting up with it.

I don't find water helps dry mouth. I have a small coke before dive one. Have an orange or the like before dive 2. I will note that I have very active saliva glands. Practically give the oral hygenist a shower when get my teeth cleaned.

I don't understand the meaning of this post.
Is it, "Just suck up the hyper dry air. That's what you're supposed to get."? If so, I wonder why you're not seeing the other posts as an alternative to just putting up with it.
Yup, unless you take the reg out of your mouth and take a few gulps that I wouldn’t advise unless your diving in the Florida fresh water aquafer (caves). And with lots of practice. Just live with it.

Yup, unless you take the reg out of your mouth and take a few gulps that I wouldn’t advise unless your diving in the Florida fresh water aquafer (caves). And with lots of practice. Just live with it.

No biotine? No breath strips? Why not? I prefer not to get a gag reflex. Key word here is "reflex".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom