Dry Mouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toughen up and take a zip of water from time to time, it won't kill you or creat the squirts.

It is my understanding that many regs have a means to capture moisture in the second stage (Beuchat and Apeks are two that come to mind). I believe that there are vanes disposed inside the reg that perform this function.

Whenever I get drymouth, I inhale sharply. This sucks the moisture into my mouth.

Regardless of whether I'm correct as to the means by which the regs capture moisture, this does work.

My Sherwood Classic has vanes in it. I haven't had a chance to use my gear yet, but I hear it works well.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...
It is my understanding that many regs have a means to capture moisture in the second stage (Beuchat and Apeks are two that come to mind). I believe that there are vanes disposed inside the reg that perform this function.

Technician once bubbled...
Toughen up and take a zip of water from time to time, it won't kill you or creat the squirts.
I do Sip water. But not Saltwater. Because of the salt content it make it worse. I could rinse my mouth w/5 gal. of saltwater & still fell like I have a sponge in my mouth. Now I don't have this problem in fresh. Poseidons just breathe abit differently than the typical reg.

There's a thread that discusses several possible solutions in the General Equipment Discussions section. I will try to post the link here:U/W water bottle

If that link doesn't work, just do a search for "underwater water bottle" and that should bring it up. Solutions for quenching thirst while on scuba mentioned in the thread include devices that can be incorporated into a reg set-up, as well as various methods for carrying/using external waterbottles.

Drink a lot of water beforehand, so you can rule out dehydration, and if need be, chew gum during the dive to keep yourself salivating. Just keep it out of your reg.

Back
Top Bottom