dry in warmer waters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the summer here in San Diego, the water can be in the 68°F range. I continue to dive dry, but adjust my undergarments slightly (don't wear my fleece top that keeps me toasty during the winter). I like being warm during my 100+ minute dives.

Dry suit diving is the best :D

I've taken my neo dry to the Red Sea on many occassion, the Maldives, Far East and all over the Caribbean

I hate getting wet and hate showering off after the dive ... getting wet again

I only dive liveaboards and that wind really picks up on the last dive of the day

I get people laughing at me at the beginning of the week, but by day five when they all are cold and fed up peeling in and out of their suit and the smell :shakehead:

Warmest I've dived dry is 28 degrees in a neo dry

Just dove dry again yesterday, at one of the more popular local dive spots (and the only one with nice weather that day) and while there wasn't much ribbing going on I did get noticed. The comments ranged from simple questions to near-jealousy. Drysuits are of course pretty rare on this island so I stick out when I wear it, but I'm warm so it's worth it.

Peace,
Greg

Anyone dive dry in warmer water, say 65 - 70 degrees or so? Or even warmer? How did it work for you in terms of pre and post dive comfort? Did you wear the undies at all? Did the extra room in the suit create problems? etc, etc.
Please excuse what may seem like dumb questions, but my experience so far is wet only in very cold, (42 degrees) to warm, (85 degree waters), and I'm just waiting for delivery of my first drysuit, (Bare Nexgen Pro) and I was wondering how adaptable it will be to warm water diving.

I live in Hawaii and have been diving dry here for the last couple years. I just wear the drysuit shell and usually shorts or flannel pants and a regular shirt (thin tshirt in the summer and a long sleeve, thicker shirt in the winter) and love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom