Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avic7

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering where all you people buy your dry gloves from? Any recommended places in Coquiltam or Burnaby?
PLease include the address and price. Do they sell in packages?

Thanks

Avic7:
Hi guys,

I was wondering where all you people buy your dry gloves from? Any recommended places in Coquiltam or Burnaby?

Thanks
In Nanaimo I get them from ONO clothing which sells industrial and safety clothing. They cost about 1/8 what the dive store sells them for. I use atlas look alikes. Don't know the brand it's in chinese.

Avic7:
Hi guys,

Thanks

I just buy rubberized gloves for handling chemicals from a place like Canadian Tire for $4 or so and I got an after market ring system from Si-tech to mount them. Total cost was next to nothing. Only works if you have latex wrist seals though.

R..

I bought the Skaana gloves from my LDS, but will be buying replacement gloves from Watson Gloves downtown vancouver. Either that, or there are plenty of online links.

How do you mount them? Every time I put them on they fall off...Please advise.

After you get the rings, the gloves and liners you can get online from Seattle Marine for less than half the usual LDS price.
http://www.seamar.com/

I have done the same as Rick. Cost was about $14 US for replacement blue gloves. I use them on the Diving Concepts rings.

First, the "original" blue gloves stink... Or in clear words, they break in no time if you touch anything under water. They are difficult to mend, since the surface of the gloves is structured. And of course they are totally overprized if bought in any dive shop, local or net shop... I've seen them under another brand name in shops specialized in gear and clothing for the fish industry, for much lower prices. But hey, they still stink! I've broken two sets of these, and my buddy is now working on her second pair in a short time. Don't ask me why she got that second pair. I told her not to... (Girls...!)

Get some heavy duty rubber gloves that are big enough for your hands. Since rubber strech, they are more comfy and are less likely to leak in contact with the Si Tech rings than the blue ones (Brand named "Nordic Blue" over here). I got a pair of long ones for $4. They've served me 60 dives and are still as good as new. I just call them sewer gloves. They look like something a plumber would use for the extra dirty jobs.

If you fit your Si Tech system on latex cuffs, be prepared for the cuffs to break if you don't have new ones, or extra thick HD style cuffs. Since I had neoprene cuffs I decided to glue the ring system on to my suit. They are permanent, which suit my diving great. -Cold water up here... anyway, I feel this is the best solution if you want a rugged system. The rings were a bit in the way in the beginning, when I wanted to undress my one piece harness. After a while that went smoothly also.

Here's how I got the glue to harden, with a bottle filled with hot water inside:

quick_clamp.jpg

Good luck with your new gloves, anyway! :)

mnj1233:
Rick do you always buy the Blue Gloves and if so why??? Is there a difference between them?
I don't know the difference, but the last blue pair I bought have about 150 dives on them and are still lookin' good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom