Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was going to order SiTech Glove Lock Rings (like the ones on the DiverRightIn Scuba store) with my new drysuit but was told that the rings are 8.5 inches in diameter and will only fit in the seal of an XL or bigger suit. Can anyone confirm that?

Are the DC rings and Viking Bayonet rings the same? ie. twist on/off rather than squeeze on/twist off? How are they the same/different?

The ring that goes inside the seal is 3 3/4" in diameter and should fit in pretty much any seal I would think. They fit fine in my ML Pinnacle suit. I don't think suit size has anything to do with it.

I like them but don't have experience with the other two so I can't provide any comparison.

The Viking kit comes with three different size inner rings so you can stick them on a number of size and thickness wrist seals. The store that is selling you the dry suit might be referring to perminately mounted wrist rings. Viking makes a set that glue to the suit and they are the most durable as well as acceptable for contaminated water diving, as opposed to the plastic wedge on bayont rings.

Viking rings are just a twist on/off system. There are little lugs on each ring to help with the twisting, but there is no squeeze involved.

I just re-read your post. I have the quick rings or whatever they are called, not the locking ones. But the rings in the picture look exactly like those in the system I have, so the dimensions should be about the same. They include numerous slightly different diameter rings to account for various thicknesses of seals and gloves like the Viking system that Muddiver described.

8 1/2" in diameter would be larger than a scuba tank :bonk:. The rings should be fine with any latex seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom